– An Examination
Online learning has been in the news quite a bit over the last several years thanks to the huge convenience and excellent education that it offers students. But most of the attention has been placed on those schools that offer online education programs to college age students. There’s another aspect of online learning that is making waves as well, and that is online education for K-12 grade students.
There are numerous ways that online education is having a major impact on the way that K-12 grade students learn and on the benefits that they are able to draw from it. One look at these advantages and it isn’t hard to see why so many people are realizing that online learning is the future of education for students of all ages, not just those in college.
- It’s estimated that more than seven billion dollars each year are spent on textbooks in this country, and that many of the ones in use are outdated. With online learning, the use of digital textbooks is possible and more students will have access to the latest and most up to date information without the need to spend money on new books.
- There are plenty of great teachers out there, along with some that aren’t quite as good. Sometimes location of a child means that they may not have access to the best teachers. But online education makes it easy to find the best teachers no matter where you live. Even if you’re in the most remote parts of the country, you’ll be able to take solid, reliable classes.
- Online education is also more customizable. When students are struggling with a certain topic they won’t have to suffer while the rest of the class moves ahead, and if a student already has a total understanding of a subject they won’t have to sit through a class that they don’t really need. It’s a more adaptable form of learning that is much better.
- Schedules are also much more adaptable with online learning. Instead of sticking with a local school system’s schedule, a child can enroll in classes and complete them at various times of the day so that they’re able to fit their schedules into their lives a bit more easily.
- There’s also the fact that online learning means that your child will be using computers and technology constantly. Since computers have become an integral part of our lives, giving your child the utilization of them at an early age is a great way to help lead them in the right direction. The regular use of technology for their education will help them develop skills organically.
- For some parents, a school may simply not offer what they want their children to receive. Things like religious differences or problems with fellow students aren’t an issue. It’s almost an extension of home schooling, albeit one that is taught by licensed, qualified instructors.
Online education for K-12 grade students is already growing in popularity. Around one million students, or roughly two percent of the nation’s student population, are currently using online learning. And the evidence actually suggests that those children who take at least part of their classes through an online program perform better on their exams than student who learn from traditional classrooms. Forty five states have some form of online education options for students, whether it is part time or full time, and steps are being taken to broaden the opportunities for students.
If you’re looking for a way to give your child the best start on their education, you should consider online learning platforms. Online learning is the future of education, and you don’t have to wait until college to take part in it any longer.