There is a much wider selection available today for online courses to suit the various needs of students across the nation. Some programs will be more aptly suited to certain careers than others, but there are degrees and courses to give everyone the education that they deserve. People who want to improve their career future or who are looking to add to their credentials can find a variety of interesting psychology courses online to choose from. Choosing from the various programs is a matter of personal opinion in most cases, depending on the types of course work that people are looking to invest in.
Courses and specialty programs are only one area of the college experience. However, they allow students to get a more focused, specialized education. Plus, it helps people see just how much they have to look forward to in a psychology program. If you’re looking for interesting courses and programs, here are some to keep in mind:
- Marriage and Family Counseling is a master’s level program offered by Liberty University. This program is designed to give students a specialized education in family dynamics, marriage functionality, and the tools that they need to counsel families and couples in a professional setting. This program includes courses in family psychology, child psychology, relationships, and more.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis is a specialization within the psychology program at Kaplan University. This program is focused on helping understand behaviors so that they can be properly diagnosed and treated. The specialty program includes cognitive psychology, personality development and other psychology courses that will help students better understand behavior and how to interpret it.
- Theories of Personality is a required course in the clinical psychology degree offered by University of Phoenix. This course offers students an education in personalities and how they differ, how they work, and more. In addition to things like lifespan development and developmental psychology, personality courses help prepare psychology majors for a professional career in helping people deal with their mental and emotional health.
- Abnormal Psychology courses are plentiful in any psychology department at online colleges. Ashford University is one of the programs that offer this course as a requirement for those seeking a psychology degree. It teaches students about the more interesting areas of psychology than typical behavior and development courses.
- Cognitive Psychology courses give students a chance to get a glimpse at the psychology of how the brain works. At Saint Leo University, students can explore the relationship of the brain’s operations and the emotional/mental health a person has.
- School Psychology master’s certificates and degrees are another interesting and popular option for students. At Capella University, students can specialize in this area of study to work in public and private schools and understand their workings.
- Social Awareness courses are offered to psychology students at Walden University. This gives students the chance to learn about how social culture works and influences psychology, which helps them better understand their career in various social settings.
- Sports Psychology certificates and degrees are available to students through the online program at Argosy University. These programs teach students about the psychology behind sports for careers in the sports world, both at the amateur and professional level.
- Substance Abuse is a course that a lot of students find interesting in Ashworth College‘s online program for psychology. Even those who aren’t going to become substance abuse counselors can learn a lot about the relationship between this issue and psychology, including how it relates to their specific career or role in the psychology industry.
- Advanced Graduate Studies in Psychology is a certificate program offered online through Northcentral University. This certificate focuses on advanced areas of study at the graduate level, giving students the chance to learn even more about psychology to apply in their careers and specialize in an area of study that most interests them.