Teaching is a varied career field. There are so many different degrees and courses out there that are designed to prepare educators for their careers, and everyone should be able to find exactly what they need. Online courses and programs are designed to give educators the tools that they need to succeed in their careers, no matter what they have in mind. For students who are just starting out as well as those who are looking for further certification to advance their career, the selection of online courses is plentiful. Certificates and quick courses can help increase expertise while full degree programs can set you up for a rewarding career.
No matter what you are looking for, there are a variety of interesting courses and programs that educators and other professionals in the education industry can rely on. The leading online schools have all of the best courses and programs, making it easy for you to get a fun, interesting education regardless of your interests.
- Instructional Technology is a program that is offered at various certificate and degree levels. Schools like Kaplan University include this course in their teaching programs to help teachers learn about technology and how it relates in the classroom from elementary school to college-level courses. This helps create the next generation of teachers who are informed about the role of technology in education.
- Educational Leadership is an interesting specialization for those teachers who want to take on administrative roles in their careers. University of Phoenix education programs include this course and certificate for educators around the nation. Management, leadership, and other skills are taught as a part of this program.
- Instructional Design is offered as a certificate program from George Washington University. While this program is focused on business, it is also helpful for educators who want to understand instructional development so that they can create effective lesson plans and teaching styles that will engage students and help them learn better.
- Christian Education specialization from Liberty University prepares students for a working career in the area of Christian studies. Professionals who have a faith background and want to educate students within that area can specialize to become teachers at Christian schools around the country and the world.
- Early Childhood Education certificates and training are ideal for many teachers. Ashford University offers many specializations in younger education to give professionals the chance to work with children in their professional careers, both as educators and administrators.
- How People Learn is an important, interesting course offered by Walden University. This specific course focuses on learning styles and methods so that teachers can be prepared for the variety of students that they will face in their professional careers. Understanding how people learn will help teachers become better at their job in many ways.
- Special Education certification from schools like Capella is an interesting area of focus for educators who want to make a bigger difference. For students who have learning disabilities, getting a quality education can be difficult. With a degree in special education, teachers can ensure that these students get the focused attention that they deserve.
- Language and literacy courses at schools like Penn Foster College help teachers prepare themselves for teaching young children. These courses are designed to offer insight into how children learn languages, reading skills, and other tools that build a foundation for their education. These courses are followed up with practical application for the best understanding.
- Education Theory is a master’s certificate program at Strayer University. This certificate teaches educators about the theories and methods behind education, and is much less application-based than many teaching programs. Learning about theory prepares teachers for a career in many areas and makes them better educators in many ways.
- Exceptional Child and Gifted Education courses offer the same type of specialization as special education training. Rasmussen College has exceptional education programs that teach educators how to handle children who are highly intelligent in the classroom, including instructional methods, unique teaching approaches, and success strategies.