Early childhood education focuses on learners in pre-kindergarten to third grade. These educators have a variety of things to focus on, including literacy and helping kindle a life-long love of learning. Professionals in this field may be classroom teachers, assistants, or caretakers for young children.
Featured Online School Offerings
- Early Childhood Education classes are common at University of Phoenix and include topics like early childhood assessment strategies and introduction to early childhood development. Related programs run the gamut from associate’s-level certificates to master’s degrees.
- Early Childhood Education is the subject of a variety of advanced classes at Capella University. Capella’s teaching college focuses on providing new K-12 educators the skills and knowledge they need to pass the most challenging certification exams for teachers.
- Early Childhood Education is a specialty at Northcentral University, which provides a wide range of degree programs as well as standalone class offerings for primary school educators. Northcentral students can vie for the highest degrees in the field, including the doctor of education degree with a focus on early childhood.
- Early Childhood Education is a six-class associate’s-level certification offered at Liberty University. It focuses on preparing child care experts for roles in churches and tutoring / homeschooling. Classes include education courses based on Christian principles.
- Early Childhood Education is provided as an associate’s-level certificate at Post University. Post’s courses focus on childhood assessment as well as “soft skills” like navigating the multicultural learning environment.
- Elementary Education is delivered completely online through Keiser University eCampus. Students will gain the skills to become effective educators and take courses in curricular development, assessment, classroom management, and reading education.
- Education is strongly represented in the class offerings at Concordia University. Unlike most other online schools, the teaching program at Concordia University has more than 100 years of experience to offer students.
- Early Childhood Education is the subject of two degrees and dozens of courses at Grand Canyon University. Classes include child psychology, exceptional learners, student teaching in K-3, classroom management, and several others.
- Teaching is provided as an online certificate to students of Drexel University Online. This certificate is intended to strengthen teaching outcomes and includes fourteen credits of classes in assessment, instruction, early literacy, and math.
- Early Childhood Education is a core set of certificate classes at National University. Students will study early childhood teaching, current issues, cognition and the young child, and best teaching practices for young learners.