While there has been plenty written over the last several years about the influence of online education on our educational system, today there are many new online tools and apps that are changing things even more. Online learning is becoming widely accepted and now the shift in attention is giving rise to online supplemental education tools. One of the best examples of this is OpenStudy.com. This program is designed to be an online study group and provides a wide array of benefits to those who are interested in using it. There’s a lot to love about OpenStudy.com, and a lot of things you may not know about it.
- It’s growing fast, for starters. Today its membership is up to more than forty thousand students who attend classes in more than fifteen hundred schools and more than one hundred and forty countries around the world. In short – it’s bigger than most people realize and growing steadily.
- It also has support in high places. So many institutions and organizations have contributed money to OpenStudy that it’s hard to list them here. Some include The National Institute of Health, The National Science Foundation, and the Georgia Research Alliance.
- More than sixty five courses are covered through OpenStudy. This ensures that no matter what area you’re having trouble in you’ll be able to get the help you need.
- More and more kids are moving to online study groups like OpenStudy.com due to the increasing difficulty in finding study partners locally. By logging on to the site you can instantly join a study group and start working on any subject with a large group of peers.
- It integrates Facebook Connect functionality so that interacting with your fellow students has never been easier. With group chat, profile linking, and more you’ll be able to get connected and stay connected.
- It’s evolving rapidly as well. New features are on the way including widgets, mobile apps, a group function, Facebook Friend question referrals, and much more. The future is bright, and there’s a lot of new content coming soon.
- It isn’t just for college. The age requirement is thirteen, so high school students can join up as well and connect with study groups of their own. This is important since most high schools don’t support the students needed for a real, beneficial study group. This way everyone who needs to find study partners will be able to do so, regardless of their age.
- The setup and design of OpenStudy makes it easy to ask and answer questions. Anyone in the study group can post a question and anyone in the group can answer it as well. The simple design makes it quick and easy to see if your question has been asked, to ask your own if need be, and to answer questions that you know the answers to. It’s a social media style study group that everyone will grasp quickly.
- It can be used for basic everyday learning as well as for exam preparation. No matter the skill level, grade, or subject that you are currently at you’ll be able to find benefits from OpenStudy.com.
- It has won numerous awards including the OCW People’s Choice Award Winner for Best Student Participation. Along with awards, more and more teachers are recommending it to their students. It’s highly recommended, highly relied on, and highly effective.
No matter if you’re learning from home on the internet or are attending campus classes every day, OpenStudy.com is a tool that you need to add to your education. From high school to college, it can offer you the best way to study and learn available today.