– 6 Top-Notch Choices
America is founded on the opportunities it represents, and few of those opportunities can compare to that of owning your own business. Being your own boss is one of those things that people really dream of, and whether you want to open your own small business or try to start up a major company from scratch, knowing how to do it is important.
That’s where an MBA in entrepreneurship comes in. These programs provide students with a total education into the job of opening and running their own company. There’s a lot more to it than some people may realize, and these programs cover everything. Topics an entrepreneurship MBA will cover include:
- Organizational Leadership
- Financial Management
- Information Systems for Managers
- Management Communication
- Technology for Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
These classes are usually taken after the initial core classes of a standard MBA are completed, and help to focus the MBA towards your desire to open your own company. In most cases you can expect a capstone project to end the program.
MBA in Entrepreneurship programs are often available in an online format from leading colleges. This is to ensure that those who currently work at full time positions can still fit their education into their daily lives. Numerous schools have also lifted GMAT restrictions in favor of actual real world business experience.
Here are some of the best schools offering these programs today:
- Capella University – Capella has become a leader in online education, and its online MBA program features a two year completion time that allows students to continue working while furthering their education. It features an entrepreneurship concentration that is highly regarded.
- Kaplan University – Kaplan is another school that has built a solid reputation in online education, and with good reason. It features an in-depth education that is built around a solid core curriculum, and then adds the classes that make up the specialization the student chooses. Its entrepreneurship MBA program is top-notch, and the program is available entirely online.
- Northcentral University – Northcentral is a leader in the business education field, and its MBA programs are among the best available today. The entrepreneurship concentration focuses your lessons on the fundamentals needed to thrive as a leader, and the online education option helps you continue working while you learn.
- Drexel University Online – Drexel University features an online MBA program ranked by the US News and World Report, putting it in the highest class of programs. It’s also available completely online, offers a great entrepreneurship concentration, and also allows students to be exempt from the GMAT or GRE score requirement if they meet certain criteria.
- Benedictine University – Benedictine features a solid online MBA program with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. It is built around the basic core classes of a standard MBA, but then adds three concentration specific classes that provide students with the skills needed to open their own company and lead it into the future.
- Ashford University – Ashford offers an online MBA program that features specializations in several areas, including one in Entrepreneurship that will give students all the skills needed to open a business or assume leadership of one. It’s fully accredited and the online option makes it easy to enroll.
These six entrepreneurship MBA programs offer an excellent combination of flexibility, quality curriculum, and value. Enrolling will help you fit your education into your schedule and give you a degree that is fully accredited and highly respected. Use the list to begin your hunt for a great program. Owning and operating your own business requires a major investment of time and energy, and these programs can help you master the skills you need.