Technology has become a driving force behind every business, and taking the time to move your career forwards could mean taking the time to earn a technology management MBA degree. This is essentially a course that gives you the skills and qualifications needed to utilize technology to effectively solve challenges facing your business.
Those who earn these degrees, which could include Information Technology as a specialization, will earn well above the national average salary. In fact, current salary averages for those with an MBA in technology management are around $113,000. The top salaries in the field can exceed two hundred and fifty thousand dollars depending upon location, employer, and experience.
Technology management positions include things like:
- Systems Analyst
- IT Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- And more
Due to the constantly increasing demand of the field, today there are numerous schools offering degrees in this field. When you begin looking into programs, be sure to try to find schools that offer online education options to simplify your scheduling and that any program you enroll in is fully accredited. With plenty of different options, taking your time to find the one that matches your situation the best is important. Here are some of the schools worth taking a closer look at when you’re searching for your school.
- 1. University of Phoenix – The University of Phoenix is the largest online school in the nation, with campus locations scattered across the country to help supplement its large online course selection. The online MBA program is among the most popular courses it offers today, and features a Technology Management concentration that will help graduates utilize technology while running a company. The program is 54 credit hours in length.
- 2. Capella University – Capella is one of the most popular online education options available, due largely to the combination of quality curriculum, excellent instructors, and numerous program offerings. The MBA program features a number of concentrations including an Information Technology Management concentration well worth considering.
- 3. Ashford University – Ashford has become one of the major online educators, and its MBA in Information Systems program starts with the core MBA classes before moving into the technology specific courses. The class is available entirely online and is easy to fit into a busy schedule.
- 4. Northcentral University – Northcentral is a leader in the business education field, and its MBA program features some of the best specializations available to date. This includes a concentration in the Management of Engineering and Technology, and graduates will be qualified to enter leadership positions in the field.
- 5. South University – South University offers an online MBA program that is intended for those who currently work full time jobs. It has all of the fundamentals as their campus based classes only presented to students in an online format. There are numerous specializations including the chance to earn an MBA in Management Information Systems.
- 6. Kaplan University – Kaplan is yet another college that has carved out a place for itself in the online education world, and its MBA program offers a number of specializations. The program focuses on several core classes before moving into the specialized courses, in this case including Information Technology Management. The program culminates with a capstone project.
It’s important to remember that each school may title their technology management MBA programs a bit differently and that some will focus on different things – Information Technology Management, for example, will focus on communication and internet based technology while a general technology management program may focus more on other aspects of the field. Basically, take a look at what each program offers and match it to your overall interests.