If you are interested in public health, sooner or later you are going to probably need to obtain a master’s degree in public health, or MPH. With your MPH, you will be able to get into advanced career fields in public health, including biostatistician, epidemiologist, and public health educator.
Fortunately, today there are many good online MPH degree programs that do not require you to take the GRE. Programs that do not require standardized tests scores have found that people who score the highest on the GRE do not always necessarily make the best MPH students.
When you are considering an online MPH program, you should only consider programs that are fully accredited. This assures you that your MPH degree will be recognized by any potential employer in the future. Seven of the best online, accredited MPH degrees include the following schools:
Featured Online School Offerings
Additional Online MPH Schools
- University of South Florida: The public health school at this university was founded in 1984, so it has a great deal of experience in providing a high quality public health education to thousands of students around the country. It is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), and provides you the opportunity to learn your MPH entirely online.
- University of Oregon: This is the only online MPH that you can get that has a specialty in Primary Health Care and Health Disparities. You will learn how to deal with health disparities by learning how to improve primary health care access and the quality of it for underserved minorities.
- Loma Linda University: In this online program, GRE scores are not usually required, unless your bachelor’s degree GPA was under 3.0. In this program, you will take classes that include toxicology, health care economic policy, qualitative research, public health problems in emergencies, and principles of environmental health.
- Florida International University: This university’s College of Public Health and Social Work provides you with the opportunity to earn your online MPH in five different areas. If you are most interested in epidemiology, biostatistics or behavioral health, this excellent program could be a good fit for you. This university does not require GRE scores, and will look at your entire application to determine if you are a suitable fit for the program.
- Des Moines University: This online MPH program offers you a excellent degree whether you are most interested in data analysis, doing research or working with people in their community. With this MPH, you can play an important role in boosting health care efficiencies and to gain a great deal of satisfaction in helping other people.
- Grand Canyon University: There is a great increase in demand for public health professionals because of the overhaul of health insurance, and there also are more concerns than ever with environmental health. This program could be for you if you are interested in prevention of disease and and in preventing health problems in communities.