Computer science is one of the most in demand areas of employment you can enter today. It’s also one of the most challenging and rewarding, and earning the right degree could land you big bucks and plenty of additional benefits. Computer science MBA programs give you the skills you need to become a professional who utilizes computer science in a business style setting. Possible jobs include things like IT Managers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and much more.
Basically, these programs give students the ability to enter a number of positions as mentioned above. Skills learned include:
- Management of Information Technology Systems
- Development, release, and marketing of Information Technology
- Information Services
The average salary for those with a computer science MBA is around $85,000, and the specific pay you can expect to earn will obviously vary based on things like industry, location, your experience, and the company you’re employed by. One thing is for sure – the fact that the demand for these positions means that you’ll be able to enter the field and find a job with relative ease, especially compared to other job fields.
There are several excellent programs available today that offer computer science MBA degrees. Many of them are actually dual MS/MBA degrees which give you a solid understand of both areas of study and award a dual degree that can help you move your career forward. Some of the best schools available include:
- UCLA Anderson – This school offers a technically oriented MBA program and includes a Computer Science joint degree option. It’s a three year program that covers all the skills you need and actually collaborates with the School of Engineering to give you the most in-depth education possible.
- Thomas College – Thomas offers a total education in the field including a computer science/MBA dual degree that takes five years to complete. MBA degrees are also available separately, and online education options are possible.
- Fairleigh Dickinson – Fairleigh Dickinson University is one of many colleges offering a combined dual BS/MBA degree that focuses on Computer Science. Grads are qualified to work in virtually any field that requires management and IT skills.
- Western Illinois University – The BS in Computer Science/MBA integrated dual degree program offered here is one of the most in depth available. It does require that students plan ahead in order to ensure they meet the requirements of the degree, but doing so can lead to a highly respected degree.
- St. John’s – St. John’s University offers a BS Computer Science/MBA program as well, and many of the classes are available online. It’s easier to integrate this program into your schedule, but the course requirements are still quite stringent.
- Franklin University – Franklin offers a dual degree that prepares students for work in the real world by utilizing its high quality staff with a very serious course curriculum. Like other dual degrees, it requires a level of planning that shouldn’t be ignored.
- ECE Illinois – The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Collaborates with the Department of Business Administration to provide this ninety two hour course that gives students a full education in the field. Some classes are available online, and the college works with students to help ensure the dual degree program matches their needs.
The number of strictly computer science MBA programs is expected to increase in the future, but for now most who are interested in the field opt for a dual degree since they are easier to find. Either option is worth considering, and the above seven schools make a good start when you begin looking for the program that is right for you.