Human resources is one of the single most important aspects of businesses. Hiring employees, training them, keeping them, improving morale, managing them, and even terminating their employment are all vital for the success of any company, and earning a human resource MBA is one of the best ways to become a leader in the field. Enrolling in an MBA program with a concentration on Human Resources will involve numerous classes including topics focusing on:
- Employment Law
- Human Resource Planning
- Ethics in Business
- Training and Development
- Managerial Applications
There are also plenty of different positions you can take on when you earn this degree, in most cases those focusing on management of different areas of HR or on managing the entire HR department. You could become an employee benefits manager, a training and development manager, or any number of other positions.
The need for these employees is expected to increase by around 22% over the next few years, and the average income is about $87,000 annually, a rate that is more than double the national salary average.
All of those points above help to highlight why earning a human resources MBA degree is such a good idea, and today there are numerous schools which offer MBA programs with a concentration in Human Resources. Online education has helped to simplify the education process, and today it’s possible to earn your degree without putting your job on hold. Here are some of the best schools to think about enrolling in.
- 1. University of Phoenix – The University of Phoenix is the largest online educator in the country, and it offers a quality MBA in Human Resources Management program that is available entirely online.
- 2. Walden University – Walden features an MBA with a specialization in Human Resource Management that takes around twenty two months to complete and lasts for thirty six semester hours. The online option helps make it easier to fit the program into your schedule.
- 3. Penn State – Penn State has one of the most respected online schools in the nation, and they offer a quality MBA program with a specialization in Human Resources. Students will graduate with a fully accredited degree that can take them far.
- 4. Liberty University Online – Liberty is a Christian school that features a quality online school as well as a great campus. Those enrolling here will be able to do so online and take classes in their spare time while still moving their career forward.
- 5. Drexel University Online – Drexel is another school that offers several great MBA specializations and prepares students for a career in the HR field with their HR specialization. It’s a straightforward program and one that is respected and fully accredited.
- 6. Franklin Pierce University – Franklin Pierce features a solid online school that offers excellent MBA in Human Resources programs to students. It’s fully accredited and highly respected in the field, so a degree from this school can take you far.
- 7. Baker College Online – Baker is one of the biggest names in online education, and its programs are fully accredited and highly respected. Its MBA program offers several different options for specialization, including a great Human Resources Concentration.
- 8. Kaplan University – Kaplan also offers an excellent MBA program entirely online, including one with the option to focus your electives to build towards a human resources concentration. The curriculum is of the highest quality, and graduates are fully prepared for a position in the field.
- 9. Saint Leo University – Saint Leo provides a quality online MBA program with a concentration in Human Resources management. The curriculum focuses on every aspect of the field including recruitment, ethics, law, concepts, processes, and much more.