When most people think of high paying jobs, there are a few careers that always make the list. Doctors, lawyers, athletes, and entertainers are usually there, but the fact is that the world of finance can often bring much higher pay than any other option out there. And your education will have a big impact on just how much you make and what kind of job you land. For many, earning a finance MBA is the best option out there and one that will take you further than you may expect.
To enroll in a finance MBA program you’ll probably have to have at least a few years of experience in the field. The requirement of GMAT scores is beginning to be lifted from most schools in favor of professional experience, which most agree is a better indicator of a student’s ability.
Those who earn this degree can find employment in a number of different positions including things like:
- Online Stock Broker
- Financial Manager
- Insurance Claims Adjuster
Salaries range from around $40,000 up to nearly $150,000 depending on position, experience, and employer, and there are plenty of jobs out there for those who enter the field.
MBA with a concentration in Finance programs are among the most commonly offered ones at schools today, and are far easier to locate than most other MBA concentrations. As a result, scores of schools offer the programs. Here are a few of the better choices out there:
- 1. Drexel – Drexel University provides a totally online MBA program that allows current working professionals to earn their degree while they continue working.
- 2. Benedictine University – Benedictine features fully online MBA programs and small class sizes that promote interaction with your teacher through technology. Students earn a degree from one of the most trusted schools available, and the program is fully accredited.
- 3. Northeastern University – Northeastern is another school that combines a respected history with an online education option. The finance specialization here focuses on numerous areas of study ranging from entrepreneurship, risk analysis, budgeting, and more.
- 4. Ohio University – Ohio University is fully accredited on the national and regional level and its program can be completed in as little as two years. Online options make it easy to fit the program into your current schedule.
- 5. NC State – NC State offers both a full time two year program or a part time three year program, as well as a two year online MBA program. You can specialize in finance and earn your degree from an award winning school by enrolling here.
- 6. Post University – Post’s Malcolm Baldridge School of Business provides an interactive practice based program that allows for specialization in finance. The program can be completed online and is designed for those who are ready to move their careers forward to the next level.
- 7. Capella University – Capella offers an MBA program with several different specialization areas including a high quality MBA in Finance program that focuses on giving graduates the skills needed to move into mid to upper level management in their field. It’s entirely online and can be completed while you continue to work.
- 8. University of Phoenix – This is the nation’s largest online educator, and provides numerous classes in the MBA field including a Finance concentration that allows you to guide your career in the direction you want it to go.
- 9. Columbia Southern University – Columbia Southern offers an online MBA in Finance that requires around three years to complete. It’s designed to cover every aspect of the field and graduates will have a fully accredited, highly respected degree to head into the job market with.