The healthcare field is one that continues to grow and offers numerous rewards to those who are looking for a challenging career. With numerous employee benefits, great salaries, and plenty of personal rewards, the health field is one worth looking into. But you don’t have to actually provide patient care in order to work in the field, and becoming a manager or administrator of a health care facility is one option that is well worth pursuing. Earning a Healthcare Management MBA Degree is one path into the field that is designed to give you the skills to lead doctor’s offices, research facilities, hospitals, retirement facilities, and other medical establishments.
A healthcare management MBA will basically consist of core MBA classes followed by courses specific to the healthcare administration field. These specialized classes vary depending on the school, but could include things like:
- Health Care Law and Ethics
- Health Services Systems
- Health Care Marketing
- Management of Health Care for Elderly Patients
Plenty other classes may be involved as well, and most of these programs are completed within about two years, though students with busy schedules should plan on three years for the completion of the program. During that time, those enrolling in online programs will still be able to continue working at their current job.
Average salaries for those in the healthcare management field are around $90,000 to $92,000. That’s double the national average of around forty three thousand, and helps highlight why these programs are such worthwhile endeavors.
Numerous colleges offer MBA programs with a healthcare management specialization, and finding yours shouldn’t be too difficult. Remember to look for schools that are fully accredited and that offer online education options so you don’t have to stop working while you learn. Here are just a few of the best schools with these programs.
- 1. Kaplan University – Kaplan features a totally online MBA program that gives students the chance to learn while they work. It fits a busy schedule, is accredited and highly respected, and will help you secure your education for the future. The program begins with core MBA classes and then moves into the specialized areas of study.
- 2. South University – South features eleven different concentration areas in its MBA program, including one in healthcare administration. Grads are qualified to enter the field in leadership positions.
- 3. Sullivan University – Sullivan features totally online MBA degree programs and offers a healthcare management concentration for busy students. It’s fully accredited and offers excellent flexibility in scheduling and more.
- 4. University of Phoenix – The University of Phoenix is the largest online education provider in the country, and its MBA programs are top-notch. It features a solid healthcare management specialization, as well.
- 5. Grand Canyon University – Grand Canyon University is based in Phoenix but features high quality online education options as well, including a concentration in Health Systems Management. No GMAT is required for application.
- 6. Capella University – Capella has become one of the leaders in online education, and they offer online degrees in numerous areas of study. Their MBA degree features a Healthcare Management concentration and is fully accredited.
- 7. Strayer University – Strayer provides students the chance to earn their MBA in eighteen to thirty six months depending upon their schedule. The totally online program offers a healthcare management concentration and covers everything you need to enter the field and thrive.
- 8. Colorado Technical University Online – CTU Online provides students the chance to earn their MBA in as little as fifteen months, depending upon how their schedule works with the curriculum. In any case, it’s a high-quality online only program that will ready you for success in the field.