About The Degree
The Masters in Accounting degree may be earned with a number of different emphases such as the MBA with a Concentration in Accounting, the Masters in Professional Accountancy, and the Master of Science in Accounting. This graduate degree program is geared towards future professionals and a career in public accounting. It may include graduate business electives as well as core graduate courses in accounting and taxes. Masters in Accounting graduates can pursue careers in numerous fields including:
- government accounting
- internal auditing
- management accounting
- public accounting
- tax accounting
Annual entry level salary expectations start at $50,000 or more.
Top Masters In Accounting Programs
1. DeVry University: The College of Business and Management offers half a dozen Masters Degree programs in Accounting including the MBA with a CPA emphasis. The program is designed to prepare students for a professional career in the field. Students must have a high school diploma or earned a GED. There are 90 campuses in 15 US states with headquarters located in Downers Grove, IL. There are foreign campuses located in Brazil and Canada.
2. Grand Canyon University: The MBA with an Emphasis in Accounting helps students to prepare for the more advanced positions in accounting management in both the corporate and public sectors. A Bachelors Degree and US Citizenship are required to enroll in this program. The main campus is located in Phoenix, AZ but online degree programs are also available for distance education.
3. Kaplan University: There are 5 Master of Science in Accounting programs offered at Kaplan University. The MS in Accounting Degree program is designed to prepare the student for a professional career in both the private and public sectors. A high school diploma or GED is required. There are online programs and 10 campuses located in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska.
4. Southern New Hampshire University: The SNHU School of Business offers 3 MBA programs, including an International MBA in Accounting, and 3 Master of Science programs. The MBA in Accounting program provides students with an opportunity to learn financial reporting and other accounting aspects. A high school diploma or GED is required. The main campus was founded in New Hampshire in 1932 and online programs started in 1995.
5. Strayer University: The MBA with a Concentration in Accounting is designed for business professionals who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in preparation for a career in this field. Applicants should have their high school diplomas as well as a basic knowledge of accounting software and experience in accounting or business. Online programs are available and there are over 90 campuses throughout the US.