Masters in Bioinformatics No GRE Required Online
The field of Bioinformatics is one of the branches in biological science and deals with analyzing, retrieving, or storing of certain biological data. Students learn the use of computing, mathematical, and statistical methods in order to solve the most complex biological problems.
Biotech companies and the pharmaceutical industry is where the primary career opportunities currently exist along with the agriculture industry. Academic and research institute positions are available but may require earning a doctorate first. Annual entry level salary expectations are over $76,000 per year or $37 per hour while job opportunities are expected to grow 36% between 2010 and 2020.
Top Masters In Bioinformatics Programs
1. [block]0[/block]: The Master of Science in Health Care Informatics is geared to individuals who have leadership aspirations in the field of healthcare informatics and is offered online as well as at thePhoenix,AZ campus. Students are given the opportunity to examine and learn more about:
- economic, financial, and quality factors influencing the delivery of modern health care
- health care legal issues
- recognizing and resolving ethical conflicts
- research methodologies in the healthcare industry
The program prepares individuals to enter a career in health care informatics and become leaders in the field.
2. [block]1[/block]: The MS in Nursing with a specialization in Nurse Informatics is available at all 10 Kaplan campuses inIowa,Maryland, andNebraska as well as theMilwaukee,WI learning center, and online. The program prepares students to enter a technology-rich career environment. The core subjects of the program include the theoretical foundations in:
- advanced nursing
- advanced statistics
- disease prevention
- ethical and legal perspectives
- health financing, organization, and policies
- health promotion
Specialization courses provide students with learning opportunities regarding educational and research techniques and health systems project management.
3. [block]2[/block]: The Master of Health Administration/Informatics degree program is structured in a way that students are able to learn about health leadership and related technologies. The program was developed for individuals aspiring to be leaders and managers in the healthcare industry. Students specializing in an informatics emphasis are able to learn how healthcare technology and informatics impact the industry where care and nursing are concerned. The main campus is located inPhoenix,AZ.
4. [block]3[/block]: The MS Degree in Health Informatics is offered at theMinnesota andTennessee campuses as well as online. Students learn health informatics policies and principles that are applicable in a wide range of settings within the Healthcare industry and includes courses in:
- assessment and improvement
- health informatics
- healthcare finance
- information management systems
- project management
Completion time varies depending on the student and their learning pace. The curriculum requires the completion of 33 to 36 hours of credit.