Masters in Counseling No GRE Required Online
Before selecting a Masters in Counseling degree program, you should understand the academic requirements of each and the areas of specialization involved. The most common degrees are the Master of Arts, Master of Education, and the Master of Science in Counseling as well as the Master in Counseling Psychology and the Master of Social Work. Career positions available and the median salaries of each include:
- Academic counselors – $84,000
- Career or school counselors – $54,000
- Marriage and family counselors – $49,000
- Mental health counselors – $43,000
- Rehabilitation or substance abuse counselors – $33,000 to $38,000
Top Masters In Counseling Programs
1. Baker College Online: This not-for-profit, online private college is based inMichigan and offers a Masters in Counseling degree with an emphasis on Industrial and Organizational Psychology. This is a non-licensure program that was developed in order to provide the individual with a sound knowledge of the principles of psychology and how they apply to the workforce. Students learn to understand human behavior principles and how to apply them in the workplace.
2. [block]0[/block]: There are MS degree programs offered by this Minnesota-based online university which include Addiction Counseling, Applied Behavior Analysis, Counseling Psychology, and General Psychology. All four of these programs help to position the student for a number of opportunities in these rapidly growing counseling career fields. Additionally, these programs may involve clinical experiences and residencies as well as your online course work.
3. [block]1[/block]: Currently, this Arizona-based university offers four MS degree programs including addiction and professional counseling along with an emphasis in general psychology or industrial and organizational psychology. Programs focus on the development of critical thinking skills and leadership qualities for individuals who desire continued exposure and promotion in the psychology career field.
4. [block]2[/block]: Formerly a for-profit university,KeiserUniversity has campuses inFort Lauderdale and other locations in the state ofFlorida. The Master of Science in Psychology is a research-based degree program that focuses on career advancements for administrators, consultants, and teachers and prepares the student to enter the Doctoral program. Students learn to appreciate the individual diversities of different individuals while developing an understanding of the general principals and theories of psychology.
5. [block]3[/block]: This central Arizona-based university offers three online Master of Arts programs with the following concentrations:
- General Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Marriage and Family Therapy
These programs all provide the student with a solid insight and understanding of human behavior. In addition to developing and improving their critical thinking skills, students develop their research and writing skills while also learning how to apply them to a number of organizational, personal, and social issues.