Masters in Criminal Justice No GRE Required
About The Degree
While an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice will prepare individuals for entry level career positions the Masters in Criminal Justice (MCJ) degree programs train individuals for management level careers and Ph D programs. The top four fastest growing careers in criminal justice and their median salaries are:
- Crimes scene examiner/forensic scientist or technician – $52,000
- Criminal attorney – $79,000 (private firm lawyer) to $200,000+ (law firm partner)
- Criminal justice case worker – $35,000+ depending on case load, experience, and location
- Fire services administration – $45,000+ depending on experience and location
- Fish and game warden – $35,000+
- Private investigator – $45,000+
Top Masters In Criminal Justice Programs
1. Arizona State University: The online Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program offers the student training in:
- policy analysis
- program evaluation
- program management and planning
- research methods and statistics
The 33-credit hour program caters to working professionals and includes studies in criminology and the criminal justice system operation combined with research methods and statistics.
2. [block]0[/block]: The MSCJ program helps students to prepare for careers in a number of different fields including corrections, court systems, law enforcement, and other roles in the criminal justice industry. Some of the more common coursework studies of the program include Corrections Management, Court Services Management, Homeland Security Management and Terrorism, and Law Enforcement Management.
3. Everest University: The MS in Criminal Justice is offered online as well as at the 9 different Florida-based campuses. The program was designed and developed to teach students about the criminal justice system and the associated issues and risks involved in it. Additionally, the program will prepare you for leadership positions throughout the industry and related fields while improving your analytical, leadership, and research skills.
4. [block]1[/block]: This Arizona-based online university offers two post-graduate programs – the MBA in Criminal Justice and the MBA in Homeland Security. The CJ specialization explores the dynamics of domestic and international legal codes and traditions. The Homeland Security specialization prepares students to be executive leaders and senior managers in the field as they relate to crisis management and terrorism. The program entails a total of 30 credit hours with 15 hours or required foundation courses and 15 hours of specialization courses which includes the 3 credit hour Specialization Signature Course.
5. [block]2[/block]: The MSCJ degree program offers students an accelerated course of study that meets the growing demand for professionals in the field. The online MSCJ program offers several specializations such as Corrections, Cyber Crime, Homeland Security, and Public Administration. Most importantly, you will graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary to understanding this ever-changing environment.