Earning a degree in the arts and finding employment in a field that you love is important for being happy. Music is one of the different fields of the arts that students can pursue a job in, and there are numerous opportunities for employment in the music world. Earning a master’s degree in music will help ensure that you’re able to find employment in the best positions, and there are now several different schools that offer students the chance to enroll in a graduate level music program without having to submit GRE or GMAT scores for admissions. Because of the hands-on nature of a music education, master’s degree programs in the field that are available entirely online are rare. But the campus based programs do offer flexibility in their admissions requirements that help make them more inviting. The following are among the best options out there for no GRE or GMAT Masters in Music Programs.
- University of Texas at Austin – Located in Austin, Texas, the Sarah and Ernest Butler School of Music is a part of the University of Texas school system. Several of its music programs do require the GRE for admission, but students can enter the Performance and Composition track of study without submitting a GRE score.
- Columbia University – Columbia University is located in New York City and is widely regarded as one of the country’s leading educational institutions. It offers a Masters in Music and a Masters in Music Education program that will not require students to submit their GRE or GMAT scores in order to qualify for admission.
- Yale School of Music – Yale is a name that is highly respected in the educational world, and the Yale School of Music requires a GRE only for those applying to the Music Composition track. Other Masters in Music programs won’t require GRE scores for entry. The school is located in New Haven, Connecticut.
- George Mason University – Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University’s Masters in Music programs don’t require GRE scores for admission.
- Arizona State University – The Arizona State University Music Education program, located in Tempe, Arizona, doesn’t require a GRE for admission. The main requirement for applicants here is that they hold a Bachelor’s degree in music education in order to enroll in the Music Education specialization. No GRE will be required for those enrolling in Music Therapy, Music Performance, or Music Composition master’s degree programs.
- Cleveland Institute of Music – This school, located in Cleveland, Ohio, requires no GRE for students enrolling in the Masters in Music program. It’s among the most respected sources for a graduate level degree in the music field, and those who graduate from the program will do so with a solid, respected degree that can take their career far.