Nursing is one of the most professionally and personally rewarding careers you can enter. There is a constant need for nursing professionals, and earning a master’s degree allows you to earn top salaries, enter high-level positions, and focus your skills on specific areas of study. Finding no GRE or GMAT master’s degree programs is becoming easier as schools start to readjust their admission requirements with a focus on experience rather than test scores, but the hands-on nature of nursing means that enrolling in totally online programs is very difficult. Usually, you can complete basic course requirements online and then complete your hands on clinic duty at a medical facility nearby.
Featured Online School Offerings
Additional Schools with a No GRE Requirement
- Walden University – Walden is another school offering solid Masters of Science in Nursing degrees that don’t require GRE scores for admissions. They also feature online options to help make it easier to enroll in the program.
- Kaplan University – Kaplan waives the GRE score requirement for students that meet certain criteria and will allow students to complete most of their education online. Offline clinical duty will still likely be required.
- Johns Hopkins University – Located in Baltimore Maryland, this is one of the most highly respected medical schools in the country and it no longer requires GRE scores for entry into its MSN program. Some classes may be available online, but campus time will likely be required.
- University of Southern Indiana – The University of Southern Indiana not only waives GRE score requirements for students that meet the GPA requirement, but they provide online education options to students as well.
- Loyola University – The New Orleans campus of Loyola University accepts students based on other criteria instead of simply requiring a GRE score. Online classes are available, though campus based or local clinical duty will usually be required as well.
- University of California - The University of California is located in several locations within the state and allows applicants to avoid the GRE requirement if their undergraduate GRE scores are high enough. It’s a campus based program, but some online classes are available as well.
- University of Alabama Birmingham – Located in Birmingham, Alabama, this university doesn’t require a GRE score if an applicant’s undergraduate GPA is 3.5 or higher.
- Rutgers University – Rutgers is a highly regarded educational institution and it does not require GRE scores for students who meet other basic criteria. Some classes are online, but hands on training will be required as well.
- University of Nevada – The Las Vegas campus of the University of Nevada allows students to enroll in the MSN program without submitting GRE scores.
Recommended Resources for Additional Nursing Help
- Nursing School – Directory of career, job and social media advice for getting your degree in nursing.
- All Nurses – A nursing community of 663461 members. Where nurses and nursing students talk everything about nursing
- Discover Nursing – The campaign for nursing’s future by Johnson & Johnson
- Online Nursing Degree – Learn the skills needed for an entry-level job as a nursing assistant.