Political science is a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding career path. Earning a master’s in political science qualifies graduates for employment in numerous positions. Studies focus on politics, government, and even states and has a strong focus on policies and law as well as on other areas that impact the fields like public relations, fundraising, urban planning, and more. Numerous areas of concentration exist within the political science field, and students often choose a specialization during their studies instead of just earning a broad, generalized degree. Either way, numerous schools now offer no GRE requirements on their application requirements and in some cases online education options may be available as well.
- Columbia University – Columbia offers several different areas of study within the political science field and also features some online class options, though campus based classes could be required. No GRE is required as long as other basic criteria are met. The school itself is based in New York City.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha – The University of Nebraska at Omaha is one of the few schools that offers a Master’s of Science in Political Science that can be earned entirely online with no need to visit campus. The program is incredibly flexible and among the best in the country.
- University of San Francisco – The University of San Francisco features multiple political science courses including a highly respected program in public affairs. No GRE scores are required for admission into these programs, which are fully accredited.
- George Mason University – This school, located in Fairfax, Virginia, has no GRE requirements for students enrolling in basic political science programs and is nationally accredited.
- Virginia Tech – Virginia Tech has one of the most respected political science master’s programs in the entire nation. In some cases applicants can avoid submitting GRE scores depending on the situation, and a degree from this school is among the most highly regarded in the field.
- Capella University – Cappella offers a number of different online programs including an MPA that allows for specialized elective classes in the political science field. No GRE scores are needed to apply to this school.
- Grand Canyon University – Grand Canyon has become a leader in online education, and it offers a solid, respected Masters of Public Administration that features a concentration in Government and Policy. It’s a solid path to take into the political world.
- New York University – The NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies offers numerous different political science related programs. Its MS in Global Affairs program, for example, is among the best in the nation. While no GRE or GMAT scores are outright required by the school, the admission board may require that you submit GRE scores if they feel your application is too weak for automatic entry.