Earning a Master’s in Public Affairs and Government can take you into a wide range of different fields of specialty. With so many different branches of government and so many different areas of public affairs to focus on it can be hard to pinpoint just which one is right for you. And now that many schools have eliminated their GRE requirements, it is easier than ever to apply for and gain acceptance to a good school. There are numerous programs available, including some that are entirely online. The following list includes some of the best public affairs and government related master’s degrees that have no GRE requirements. Some are available entirely online while others require campus based classes be completed as well.
- New York University – New York University has several different campuses within the state that offers public affairs and government related programs. The School of Continuing and Professional Studies features excellent Fundraising and Grantmaking programs, for example, and no GRE scores are required. However, it’s worth noting that the Admissions Board can request a test score if they deem it necessary for your admission.
- Columbia University – Columbia University is located in New York City and offers some of its classes online, though campus based courses will likely be required in most cases. Its public affairs courses are highly regarded, and its Economics program alone is worth looking at. No GRE requirements exist for these programs.
- University of San Francisco – The University of San Francisco has no GRE requirements for its public affairs programs. It offers a fully accredited, highly respected Masters of Public Affairs degree that can lead to employment in numerous areas of the field.
- Tufts University – Tufts is located in Medford, MA and features a Masters of Public Policy program that qualifies students for work in the public sector. No GRE is required for admission into the program.
- George Mason University – George Mason University in Fairfax Virginia offers several different Public Affairs degrees including several with no GRE requirements for admission.
- St. Joseph’s University – Located in Philadelphia, this school offers different graduate degrees in the public affairs and government field including a quality Homeland Security Master’s degree. GRE scores are only required for admission into these programs if the applicant has an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0
- George Washington University – George Washington University‘s Graduate School of Political Management features excellent government and public affairs related programs and will agree to waive GRE requirements if the applicant has a solid GPA and 3 years of professional work experience relevant to the degree.
- Georgetown University – Georgetown, located in Washington, DC, features numerous government related programs including Urban Planning and Public Affairs. GRE scores aren’t required for any classes here.