There are far too many careers available to list in one place, but the fact is that when it comes to versatility, earning a mathematical based degree is one of the best choices you can make. That’s because doing so helps qualify you for work in numerous areas. Earning an MBA in Quantitative Analysis, for example, lets you enter several fields and find work in numerous positions. Some career options include:
- Systems Analyst
- Management Scientist
- Research Analyst
- Operations Analyst
Basically, the program gives you the skills needed to effectively use math, probability, computers, statistics, research, and other sources of hard data in order to confront and overcome different business related problems that can arise. You’ll be able to find employment in virtually every field including the medical industry, financial industry, and even in government agencies in some cases. Simply put, the quantitative analysis field may seem like it’s very broad and generalized but the fact is that it can help give you all the tools you need to move your career forward.
- Average salaries for those with this degree are between $55,000 and $100,000 per year, along with annual bonuses.
- The demand for these professionals is expected to grow significantly over the next decade, making it easier to find employment and keep it.
- About half of those with the degree work in finance, including positions in insurance and banking firms.
If you’re skilled with numbers and enjoy being challenged, overcoming problems, and solving different issues, this could be a job for you. There are a couple of paths into the field, but those who are already employed in the industry will want to consider earning their MBA in Quantitative Analysis. This ensures quicker completion of a program, easier admissions, and more flexibility in the overall scheduling of each day. The number of MBA programs that feature a concentration in Quantitative Analysis is growing, and it’s becoming much easier to find a school that offers this degree.
Here are a few of the best schools out there currently offering the degree:
- Marylhurst University – This MBA program offers a completely online way to complete your education. Graduates will have all the skills needed to utilize statistics, variables, theories, and data in order to make manager level decisions, plan business strategies, and more.
- University of Virginia School of Business – This program utilizes real world simulations to help highlight the decision making processes used in the field. The program begins with core MBA classes and then allows students to focus on electives in the quantitative analysis field. Classes include things like Decision Analysis, Data Analysis and Optimization, and more.
- Mississippi State University – Mississippi State’s school of business offers a completely online, highly flexible program that has been ranked as a ‘Best Buy’ program by the GetEducated.com website. It’s fully accredited, totally online, and designed to help students master the essential skills they need.
- Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business – Tepper is one of the leading business schools in the nation, and its MBA program offers a quantitative analysis concentration that is online and full-featured.
- Wharton School – The Wharton School offers a quality MBA program that allows students to specialize in several concentration areas including quantitative analysis. The program is available through several different options including part time and online.
Earning an MBA in quantitative analysis is one of the best ways to ensure your future. Not only are there numerous MBA programs, but several dual degree programs also exist that can allow you to focus your skills and move your career forward. If you enjoy challenges and working with numbers, it’s one career move that is right for you.