The world is shrinking every day, thanks to the rise of technology and the constant growth of the global marketplace. And with that shrinking world comes larger challenges for those in the business world than ever before. To meet these challenges, earning an international management MBA is a good idea. It will give you the skills to assume leadership roles in the world of international business and ensure that you excel in your position.
Basically, international management MBA programs give you a number of skills unique to the world of international business.
- International marketing
- International finance
- Understanding global culture and its effect on business
- Global business leadership
In short, you’ll learn everything that a leader of a global business needs to take their company into the future.
Those who do graduate from one of these programs can expect to earn much higher salaries than the national average. In fact, most aggregates place the average salary for graduates of these programs at more than $100,000 annually. And since the demand for these professionals is only expected to rise over the next several years, it makes sense to take the time to earn a degree in the field.
Luckily, you don’t have to put your career on hold when you’re trying to earn an international management MBA degree. That’s because today most of the schools offering them feature online education or part time classes. This means that you can actually continue working at your current job while you take classes in your own time. Additionally, the GMAT score requirements for most MBA programs have now been lifted, with a preference being placed on actual work experience instead of just standardized test scores. Here are some schools worth taking a closer look at if you’re ready to become an international business leader.
- 1. University of Phoenix – The University of Phoenix offers students a Global Management MBA that covers all the different aspects of international management. The largest online educator in the country, the classes from the University of Phoenix are available entirely on the internet for your convenience.
- 2. Thunderbird – Thunderbird has been ranked number one in the international business school rankings and delivers an MBA program that is almost entirely online and can be completed in less than two years based on your level of time to devote to your education.
- 3. Kaplan – Kaplan has quickly become one of the leaders in online education, and its MBA programs feature numerous concentration areas that you can choose from when you’re ready for your degree. Among them is an excellent International Management track.
- 4. Strayer – Strayer is another college that has become synonymous with high-quality online learning. It’s created a solid reputation for itself thanks to its quality programs, and the International Business MBA Degree is one of its most popular and rewarding options.
- 5. Northeastern University – Northeastern has what is widely considered to be one of the best MBA programs around, especially in terms of their online offerings. The program begins with core classes and then evolves as students take electives in a specific area of concentration. Their international management specialization is one perfect example, and highly regarded.
Other schools offer good MBA programs as well, but these five should be a good jumping off point for your investigation into which school is right for you. Look for online options so that you can fit your education into your schedule, and try to see if your employer offers any kind of tuition reimbursement. You may be surprised to learn that they are willing to help provide assistance for your education. Either way, it’s a degree well worth pursuing for your future.