– The Top 3
The healthcare field is one of the best industries you can choose to enter when you want to ensure that you have a good combination of great pay, great benefits, and great satisfaction from your job. The demand for workers in this field is expected to grow significantly over the next decade, and already it is incredibly easy to find employment in the field.
Basically, healthcare informatics involves the use of hard data to make decisions and infer solutions to health problems. It could be on a facility wide basis, a state or regional basis, or even on a national or global basis. Essentially, you’ll gather data and then apply that data towards overcoming different problems or identifying specific threats or issues that could arise from a particular group or environment.
There are plenty of reasons to choose this as your career:
- Great Salaries – Average salaries are around $40,000 annually, but that figure is growing and the exact number depends on where you live and whom your employer is.
- Benefits – The health field is famous for employee benefits like insurance, retirement options, and more.
- Job Growth – Growth in demand for this position is climbing, with an 18% increase expected between 2006 and 2016.
- Personal Satisfaction – When you work in the health field, you’ll go home each night knowing that you’re making a difference in the lives of others. Even if you aren’t providing bedside care, you’re still helping improve the level of health care in our country.
Job opportunities abound with this degree, and those who graduate can find employment in many great positions including things like IT Health Administrator, Data Manager, Medical or Health Services Manager, and Medical Office Manager. The degree qualifies you for a number of different positions, and can take your career into exciting new places. These degrees are essentially a standard MBA degree with several elective classes added on – electives which focus on the specific areas of the healthcare informatics field.
Deciding to earn a healthcare informatics MBA makes a lot of sense since it offers flexibility you can’t find in other degrees. You’ll be able to take some or all of your classes online, continue working at your full time job, and move towards a better career. There are numerous programs out there that give you the chance to earn this degree.
- 1. Southern New Hampshire University – SNHU offers a totally online MBA with a concentration in healthcare informatics, and students can graduate in as little as eighteen months. It’s designed to be flexible, affordable, and give you all the skills you need.
- 2. Anna Maria College – Anna Maria provides students with a quality MBA program available fully online and complete with a healthcare informatics concentration. It’s a quality program that is fully accredited.
- 3. Georgia State University – GSU is one of the most respected colleges in the nation, and their healthcare informatics MBA is made up of several core classes that are followed by the appropriate elective courses. The program has a special emphasis on the use of information technology within the informatics field.
More schools are considering starting healthcare informatics MBA programs, including many that currently offer similar programs like Masters of Science in Healthcare Informatics or MBA programs with specializations in Healthcare administration. As the demand for these professionals continues to grow, so will the demand for schools offering the degrees.
Finding the best school for your specific needs involves matching up the flexibility of schedules and the quality of the program with your current situation. No matter which school you choose to enroll in, earning an MBA in Healthcare Informatics will give you a solid future.