Hospitality and tourism are fields that continue to grow, and the hospitality industry is a multi-billion dollar one that features a tremendous amount of variety, opportunity, challenge, and reward. Earning a hospitality management MBA degree allows students to become leaders in the field and find employment at any number of hospitality venues including:
- Cruise Ships
- Ski Lodges
Basically, anywhere that people go to relax or have a good time will have a need for hospitality leaders, and while earning a degree isn’t always a requirement it can certainly help speed your climb to the top and give you the skills you need to thrive. Potential positions in the field include:
- Gaming Host
- Hotel Administrator
- Property Manager
- Sales Worker Supervisor
- Restaurant Manager
- Gaming Service Worker
- Resort Chain CEO
- Special Food Service Worker
- And many more.
This field is constantly growing and expanding, with new employment opportunities arising every day. As a result, the demand for those with a degree in the field is increasing as well. Salaries can range from around $35,000 to more than $75,000 annually, based largely upon things like tenure, experience, location, and employer.
Earning an online Hospitality Management MBA Degree is an option more students are deciding is right for them. The reasons to go with these types of degrees are numerous. For one, you’ll get to learn online instead of having to try to fit a business schedule into your day. You’ll also be able to enter most of the programs based on your prior experience instead of old standardized test scores. Most MBA programs require some level of business experience in the field for entry, with GMAT restrictions being removed from most admission protocol. And of course, earning an MBA is a sign that you’re serious about your field, so taking the time to do so will help you show employers that you’re the best candidate for the job.
An MBA in Hospitality Management will begin with core classes that focus on business management in general, with things like marketing, budgeting, accounting, and business ethics taking center stage. Afterwards, you’ll take classes that focus specifically on the hospitality management field. Things like hotel administration, hospitality marketing, and more.
Numerous schools offer excellent MBA programs with a concentration in hospitality management. Here are some of the best options available today.
- 1. Strayer University – Strayer has become a major name in the online education world, and it has built its reputation based on high-quality curriculum like the one offered in its MBA program. With the Hospitality and Tourism Management specialization, the MBA program gives students a mutli-level education in aspects of managing resorts, restaurants, hotels, and more. A heavy focus on strategy, leadership, environment, and basic function is the core of this program.
- 2. South University – South University features a totally online MBA program that matches its campus-based offerings perfectly, and features a hospitality management concentration that students will be able to use to move up in the field. It’s fully accredited and of the highest quality out there today.
- 3. Glion – Based in Switzerland, Glion Institute of Higher Education offers international Hospitality Management MBA Degrees that cover all the bases of the field. It’s a good idea to consider the accreditation and what your potential employer may accept before enrolling in an international program, but this is a valid option and one that helps you get the education you need.
- 4. Sullivan University – Based in Kentucky, this school offers an online MBA in Hospitality Management that is built around the core classes of an MBA. It is designed to be completed online for the benefit of those currently working at full-time jobs.