When you’re an online student you’ll have a few requirements that are unavoidable. A good computer that meets or exceeds the school’s requirements is one, as is a decent internet connection. But another that you’ll likely need to invest in is a webcam. While not all schools will require one, a good number of them will. And having one also makes it much easier for you to get connected with fellow students. But while having a webcam is usually a requirement, not an option, you’ll still have to take the time to figure out which one is right for you. There are a lot of options, and finding the best is important. Here are some worth considering.
- Factory Installed – It goes without saying that for many people the very webcam installed on your computer’s monitor will be all you need. Most laptops and a growing number of desktop computers have a webcam attached to them, and if yours is performing adequately it’s the right one for you. Just bear in mind that you’ll probably need audio, so if your factory installed webcam or computer doesn’t have a microphone you may need to purchase one or a separate webcam that actually does have a microphone built in.
With that said, it’s important to note that there are numerous webcams on the market worth taking a look at. Each one of the following offers great picture quality and microphone capabilities while remaining affordable. Those are the three main things that a webcam needs to have:
- Video Quality
- Voice Capture Capability
- Low Price
So, with those points in mind, here are the remaining nine webcams worth considering for students enrolling in online classes.
- Logitech HD Webcam C310
- Logitech HD Webcam C270
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam
- HP 2200 Webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 Webcam
- Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD AF
- Logitech QuickCam Communicate MP Webcam
- HP – HD-4110 1080p Webcam
- Logitech C170 Webcam
In addition to having the three key features mentioned above, each of these webcams is designed to be extremely easy to setup and to use. USB connectivity is included so that you can usually just plug in the camera, follow a couple of simple instructions, and get started using it. All have built in microphones, decent to excellent picture quality, and all are easy to clip to a monitor or set up on your desk. And all of them are available for less than one hundred dollars – in most cases they’ll cost less than fifty dollars.
When you’re getting ready for an online education, don’t overlook your webcam. Take a look at what each of these offers you and you’ll likely see that there’s one in there that fits your needs perfectly.